Developing export activities in assigned markets constituting the region(s) of responsibility; additionally, setting a sound strategy through a comprehensive business plan to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop markets and customers for Forestry Products ( logs and lumber) of different origins.
- Developing sales to different market sectors.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate market intelligence. This includes market reports on indicators .
- Develop a market, competitor, and customer segmentation to identify the most strategic markets and customer segments to focus on.
- Identify and understand customer needs and develop a differentiated value proposition to win customers and market share. Understand customers buying process and develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Develop a local distribution strategy to access markets and customers. Develop a plan for warehousing/domestic sales capabilities as needed.
- Negotiate with customers to achieve the highest margins possible for the business.
- Develop innovative ways to create a more efficient supply chain and cut logistics costs.
- Develop aggressive sales targets to achieve market share and work towards achieving those targets.
- Establish a comprehensive customer database which includes key information on customers such as size, management contacts, assets and locations, size, current suppliers, buying preferences, etc.
- Monitor and maintain repeat customer sales as well as customer satisfaction.
- Find opportunities to develop new products as well as Trans Globe branded products.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Minimum 2-3 years of business and trading/merchandising experience.
English language proficiency. Additional languages are a plus.