Trans Globe is seeking strong candidates for Senior Export Logistics and Documentation Coordinator roles. This person will be joining our team and will support with international export transactions from order placement to completion acting as the liaison with all parties to ensure a smooth processing of shipments. The Export Logistics Coordinator will produce accurate shipping documentation; oversee all aspects of the container shipment (from assisting customers/suppliers with bookings to the containers’ arrival at port of destination). Gain knowledge and expertise with each customer’s requirements and implement change to streamline the process. This person will report directly to the origination/Execution team lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manages all aspects of international accounts not limited to order placement, inventory managements and coordinating logistical aspects related to exporting food and agribusiness products in containers.
- Work with shipping lines/NVOCCs and service providers (trucking companies, containers loading facilities..etc) to execute bookings, and ensure that transactions are executed on time and in most efficient way possible.
- Executes required export documentation for multiple accounts in various stages of completion in a highly time sensitive environment.
- Timely management of multiple lines of communication with suppliers, shippers, customers and internal parties, maintaining details, and relaying pertinent information to appropriate parties.
- Obtains export certificates from various government agencies in compliance with each shipment.
- Assures compliance with customs, export, applicable foreign trade/importation laws, as well as applicable federal transport regulations.
- Initiate timely invoicing and work closely with accounting department to ensure billing accuracy.
- Identifies risks and opportunities, when developing logistics plan and freight estimates for super loads, complex international shipments to ensure cost-effective, safe, and efficient transportation of company’s products.
- Processes freight claims and customer complaints.
- Reviews, prepares, and invoices for payment.
- Audits export files for compliance and scan into database.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in logistics specially ocean containers exports and freight forwarding.
- Ability to critically think through multiple step process and follow up on several details.
- High ability to handle multiple priorities while being detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
- Strong Excel skills and some freight software knowledge.
- Strong negotiation skills. Ability to solve problems and create solutions.
- Ability to work under time pressures.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.